Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Quiet, you.



After copious amounts of margin-doodling and no paying attention in class today I thought I'd cook when I got home. When I can't shut up my mind, sometimes cooking does. I can't quiet it today, it's like I'm on aderol, designs flash in my head like a strobe light and I couldn't doodle them fast enough while I was in class. Sometimes when things are dreadful and most inconvenient I go on these creative rampages. I suppose it's because when I can't control the $h!t that's going on in my life, creating something is my only means of control. It's sad but it's true -- it's the only thing where I have complete control over the outcome.

Let's take a shot at making seaweed salad. I have sesame oil and white vinegar and tamari at home to put on it. Yes. And maybe some miso soup. Craving decided and I was drooling at the thought until 2 p.m. when I was released from class and able to go buy my supplies.

I went to rice & spice. I was put into my place by a little man who insisted that this $15 dollar bag of dried seaweed would expand 8-10 times. Indeed it did, I watched it grow in water like the blob. Me and amanda were watching the tentacles unfurl and we couldn't help but exclaim, "It's ALIVE!"

You know what would go well with this seaweed salad? I have quinoa at home and I could stir fry some shrimp, mushrooms, and broccoli. And throw in a little minced ginger and garlic. Avocado goes well with shrimp. Vinegar and ginger and avocado? Sure.

The pan I stir fried in had burnt-on remnants from the maple candied walnuts I made the week before, which offered a bit of a tang. All in all it was a tasty lil morsel. What the hell am I going to do when I'm pregnant and have monster cravings? I shutter at the thought.



Breakfast today consisted of a salsa-bruschetta with drizzled olive oil on toast. I like food a little bit. And my mind still wasn't quiet. So I tried doing a blog entry...still didn't quiet do the trick. Huphalump.

No comments:

Post a Comment